Established as VS-871, a Reserve Squadron, to active duty: 1 July 1951
Redesignated as VS-37 on 24 June 1953
Disestablished on: 1 March 1995 at NAS North Island, CA
AMH1(AW/NAC) Mark W Felhofer reported for duty onboard VS-37
in January 1991. While assigned to the SAWBUCKS, Petty Officer Felhofer worked
in Airframes, 1st LT, and on the 92-93 Westpac deployment, was TAD to Ships Security
Division, where he qualified as a Watch Commander for his section.
Petty Officer Felhofer transfered to CONUS in March 1993 for transfer to the Fleet
Reserve, ending a 20 year career.